Join UNC Kenan-Flagler Business School, our talented panelists and our moderator, Paul Wetenhall, President of Ventureprise at UNC Charlotte and UNC Kenan-Flagler alumnus (MBA 1975), as…
Prelude to PORTAL... Interact +
January 21, 2014 at 10:01 AM
Collaboration with High Impact People Fuels Entrepreneurial Success
This is the third in the series of 4 Prelude to PORTAL posts.
“The most disruptive innovations are brought to market by entrepreneurial companies, often start-ups.”
By locating in the building that houses large company innovation teams, commercialization experts, lean consultants, thought-leader faculty and talented students, the focus is certain to create opportunities.
Ventureprise leverages opportunity for entrepreneurs to access the entrepreneurial marketplace through value-based initiatives that provide exposure to these essential resources.
Charlotte Venture Challenge
After seven years of bringing teams together to compete in elimination rounds and for cash prizes the, CVC 2014 has evolved to become the premiere business competition that connects ambassadors, coaches, investors and corporate innovators – all who have the same mission:
- to leverage innovative ideas
- to go out of their way to help entrepreneurs succeed
Charlotte Venture Launch
Early Customer Discover is the foundation for identifying scalable and profitable business models.
- Charlotte Venture Launch is a multi-week, high-intensity, focused initiative for innovators and inventors to establish if an idea is worth pursuing.
- Work from a Minimum Viable Product (MVP), verify the opportunity assessment and discover customer buying systems.
There is no other forum like Innovation Connection in our region.
- A keystone Ventureprise initiative that convenes constituents interested in specific technology and industry topics
- Aimed at promoting open idea exchange between innovation-based entrepreneurs, corporate innovators and thought leading academics
The Student Business Accelerator assists junior, senior and graduate students in completing a business opportunity assessment. The assessment determines if the idea is worth pursuing and identifies activities required to move toward a successful business.
- Co-working, furnished workspace for multiple student ventures
- Access to services including wireless Internet, conference rooms, and office equipment
- Business mentoring and connections to needed resources
- The space ignites business-oriented social interaction and networking
These initiatives not only offer entrepreneurs the opportunity to get exposure to high impact people in the entrepreneurial marketplace, Ventureprise leverages these initiatives to identify for the Charlotte region the most promising entrepreneurs and innovators and leads these new ventures to successful business formation and growth.
- Marilyn Carpenter, director of venture development
About Marilyn: Marilyn Carpenter serves as Ventureprise’s director of venture development. With over twenty years of working with and for entrepreneurs in pivotal sales, marketing and business development roles, Marilyn assists clients to accelerate their growth through coaching effective go-to-market and customer acquisition strategies.
Marilyn is also a published author, blogger and a speaker. Her topics on Ventureprise Vibe are focused on provocative innovation-driven entrepreneurs and enterprises, Lean Startup methods, and storytelling about clients and people up to big things in the entrepreneurial space.