Keynote speaker Thom Ruhe, NC IDEA FOUNDATION President & CEO, will share his insight on NC IDEA's strategic funding direction and the state of North Carolina entrepreneurship. The May 1st program will introduce a "new, interactive formate that focuses on prom…
Prelude to PORTAL... Innovate +
January 14, 2014 at 8:12 AM
Ventureprise: Where innovation-driven entrepreneurs accelerate business growth.
The second in a 4-part series – “Prelude to PORTAL.”
Ventureprise™ is the region’s only innovation initiative for development of early stage companies with high growth potential. We open the opportunity for innovation-driven entrepreneurs to join our new community of fellow entrepreneurs, corporate innovators, and faculty, researchers and students to accelerate their business growth, in early February 2014.
As a public-private partnership of UNC Charlotte and the community, Ventureprise helps identify, grow and develop entrepreneur-led enterprises that depend on innovative technologies, business models or processes.
Through our extensive university connections, we provide entrepreneurs with access to researchers, highly sought after developers, engineers and subject matter experts, and internship candidates.
Our independent board of directors and our community network that we have built over the 25 years of serving entrepreneurs in this region, provides connection with mentors, investors, seasoned entrepreneurs, government agencies and qualified service providers.
Ventureprise entrepreneur support services include:
- Ready-for-Business Office Space
- Business Model Development
- Business Growth Assistance
- Coaching and Mentoring
- Education Programs Relevant to Innovation-Driven Entrepreneurs
- Connections to Business and University Resources
Is Ventureprise Right for You?
Our clients are a select group of innovation-driven, high potential ventures that:
- Value the benefits of interactions with like-minded entrepreneurs, corporate innovators and university faculty and students
- Have a business that is scalable in national or global markets, with significant job and wealth creation potential
- Seek sustainable competitive advantage through innovative technologies, business processes or business models
- May desire to leverage university expertise and resources
Please connect with me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have interest to locate in PORTAL as a Ventureprise client to Innovate, Interact, and Ignite your business growth. Check back next week for the second of four posts on "Prelude to PORTAL" and leave me your comments below.
- Marilyn Carpenter, director of venture development
About Marilyn: Marilyn Carpenter serves as Ventureprise’s director of venture development. With over twenty years of working with and for entrepreneurs in pivotal sales, marketing and business development roles, Marilyn assists clients to accelerate their growth through coaching effective go-to-market and customer acquisition strategies.
Marilyn is also a published author, blogger and a speaker. Her topics on Ventureprise Vibe are focused on provocative innovation-driven entrepreneurs and enterprises, Lean Startup methods, and storytelling about clients and people up to big things in the entrepreneurial space.