The 2018 Charlotte Venture Challenge will focus on Ventureprise Launch participants and showcase these innovation based ventures from the Charlotte community and UNC Charlotte researchers and students. The event will feature a keynote by NC IDEA Foundation Presiden…
New here? Ok..
let's get started!
What Does Ventureprise Mean?
Ventureprise:ven•ture•prise [ven-cher-prahyz], noun
(1) A business opportunity, especially one that is important or disruptive or that requires boldness, energy or an adventurous spirit
(2) An ecosystem that supports entrepreneurial development, resulting in financial and intellectual growth of an economic region
Who We Are
To ignite an entrepreneurial boom in the Charlotte region by: identifying the most promising innovation-driven talent and ideas; provide entrepreneurial education and business advisory services; make valuable connections, help launch growth ventures; accelerate business growth.
Ventureprise Focus – Entrepreneur and Business Growth
Ventureprise offers comprehensive services for entrepreneurs:
- Ready-for-business office space
- Business model development
- Business growth assistance
- Coaching and mentoring
- Education programs relevant to IDE’s
- Connections to business and university resources
One of the Nation’s First Business Incubators, Ventureprise Expands to Become So Much More
Ventureprise, Inc. is a venture development organization that evolved from the knowledge and experience gained over 25 years of operating as the Ben Craig Center (BCC) business incubator. BCC ultimately served 130 resident businesses and thousands of program participants.
Today, it is the region’s only non-profit innovation initiative enabling the formation and early stage growth of high potential business ventures.
With long-term support from UNC Charlotte including location in the new PORTAL Building, Ventureprise is where entrepreneurs locate to collaborate with corporate innovators and the academic community to accelerate their commercial success.
Ventureprise Inc. is a non-profit 501 (c) 3 corporation, governed by an independent board of directors, and funded by UNC Charlotte and client fees.